The team support businesses that trade across Europe and beyond, helping them minimise their fiscal and administrative responsibilities in the countries where they operate. The multi-lingual team of approximately 30 people speak 14 languages enabling them to deal directly with tax authorities and clients across the globe. This allowed the team to work on over 20,000 VAT returns in 2017/2018.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Preparing EC VAT returns, Intrastat Reports, EC sales listings and other filings for your portfolio.
- Advising clients of any VAT that is payable or refundable for a VAT return.
- Obtaining relevant documents from clients before submission deadlines.
- Ensuring all the return filing deadlines are met.
- Liaising with clients, acting as the main point of contact, in order to prepare and submit EC VAT returns.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Have previous experience of UK and EU VAT.
- Have previous experience in a client-facing environment
- Have the ability to build great rapport and relationships with colleagues, team members and clients.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments while performing in a calm and focused manner.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced VAT specialist to build their career within this collaborative team. Ideally, we are looking for a VAT Compliance Specialist but are flexible to consider candidates with more experience. Additional languages, particularly German and Polish, are highly desirable.
For more information about the Fiscal Solutions team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.
We have a firmly embedded approach to flexi-time and support flexible working opportunities to help you manage your work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply directly via the Apply button at the top of the page. When applying, please include your salary expectations and let us know what interests you about the role. Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our HR Team about the vacancy before applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our HR Team review and respond to all applications
No agencies please.