The team support businesses that trade across Europe and beyond, helping them minimise their fiscal and administrative responsibilities in the countries where they operate. The multi-lingual team of approximately 30 people speak 14 languages enabling them to deal directly with tax authorities and clients across the globe. This allowed the team to work on over 20,000 VAT returns in 2017/2018.
In this role, you will advise the clients and staff of the Fiscal Solutions team on matters of indirect taxation and assist in the operational matters for the team.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients with complex VAT reporting requirements.
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation and completion of VAT, EC Sales listings and intrastat returns for your clients and providing support to other team members’ clients.
- Assisting the Associate Directors with VAT consultancy services (prospective client calls, first contact and advice with new clients, ad hoc VAT review for clients etc.)
- Assisting team members with audits and enquiries, including reviewing correspondence with tax authorities.
- Assisting and reporting on any key checks for credibility and potential VAT issues and rulings.
- Drafting and implementing operational guidelines for VAT team members to include processing tasks and indirect tax registration matters.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Have the ability to prepare clear technical letters, including or attaching detailed consideration of the technical issues as appropriate, for clients or tax authorities.
- Have experience providing technical reports/meeting notes for both internal and external use.
- Have experience providing advice to colleagues, clients and tax & Customs representatives.
- Have the ability to build great rapport and relationships with colleagues, team members and clients.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments while performing in a calm and focused manner.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced VAT specialist to build their career within this collaborative team. Additional languages, particularly German and Polish, are highly desirable.
For more information about the Fiscal Solutions team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.
We have a firmly embedded approach to flexi-time and support flexible working opportunities to help you manage your work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply directly via the Apply button at the top of the page. When applying, please include your salary expectations and let us know what interests you about the role. Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our HR Team about the vacancy before applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our HR Team review and respond to all applications.
No agencies please.