We are rapidly expanding our dynamic, ambitious, and supportive Corporate Finance team of 15, all focused on helping our clients build and realise value over their growth journeys. Our clients are successful entrepreneurs, buyers and investors in a range of high-growth, interesting sectors, including Tech & Media and Consumer Brands to name a few. We work closely with our clients and are passionate about advising them to deliver on transactions in the £10m to £100m space.
Established in 2015 by Matt Katz, the team has grown to 15 in just six years, making it the fastest growing team in Buzzacott. Andy Hodgetts is our Head of Lead Advisory and Alex Judd is our Head of Financial Due Diligence. As an evolving, enthusiastic team with different and complementary skillsets, we work closely together and are driven in shaping the team for the future both in terms of our culture and the work we carry out. We have an excellent track record of providing people with incredible opportunities to progress their career and our low staff turnover is a testament to the way of life we offer here at Buzzacott. The team is relationship driven, both with clients but also within the team.
This role will give you brilliant opportunities to deliver M&A and fundraising transactions and advisory work from initial pitching, project management right through to completion. We offer exposure to successful entrepreneurs and leading investors from an early stage. You will provide support to Senior Managers and Directors in more complex transactions and wider transaction services and be empowered to run smaller transactions yourself. Your role will also involve mentoring and developing Executives and Analysts within the Corporate Finance team; including reviewing their work and providing feedback and guidance.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Building relationships with clients and intermediaries and creating high quality written output and reports including information memorandums.
- Assisting the Partner, Directors and Senior Managers of the team with the delivery of disposals, acquisitions and fundraisings.
- Assisting with pitching and the preparation of proposals, including scope and fee.
- Briefing, supervising and reviewing the work of junior members of the team where appropriate, providing constructive feedback and support as necessary.
- Developing complex financial models, including integrated forecast models and returns/ IRR models for fundraising/ investment purposes
- Discussing key concerns and issues with the client, as well as helping to provide solutions.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Are ACA/ACCA/CFA qualified (or equivalent)
- Have corporate finance experience and be able to lead on deals, communicating and dealing directly with clients
- Are competent in building Excel financial models
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Are able to manage and direct Executives/ Analysts
- Have the ability to lead and materially contribute in client meetings and pitches
You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a commercial mind-set, having the ability to recognise cross-selling opportunities and develop sound professional relationships. You will be enthusiastic, reliable, proactive and approachable, displaying strong ethical judgement in your decision making. You will be passionate about leading deals, guiding clients and team members and be open-minded and innovative in the context of a fast-growth Corporate Finance team in terms of new ways to develop.
For more information about the Corporate Finance team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, including Meera Shah, a Senior Manager on the team, please click here.
We have a firmly embedded approach to flexi-time and support flexible working opportunities to help you manage your work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply directly via the “Apply” button at the top of the page. When applying, please include your salary expectations and let us know what interests you about the role. Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our HR Team about the vacancy before applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our HR Team review and respond to all applications.
No agencies please.