The role will be on a term-time basis, offering excellent scope for flexibility. You will provide additional support to the team around their busier periods.
With more than 80 audit specialists, 7 Partners, a Director and strong administrative support, we’re one of the largest single office charity teams in the UK. We work with a range of sectors from religious orders to social enterprises, meaning that each project you take on will never be the same. But, that’s what makes it exciting – you’ll have the opportunity to work with a range of sectors, and become a specialist of each.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Providing audit services to a wide range of not-for-profit organisations, including charities (social, religious, welfare, international development, healthcare etc.) and educational organisations (academies, further education colleges and Higher Education Institutes).
- Preparing accounts, including consolidated accounts from both manual and computerised accounting records.
- Completing the audit file, including clearance of outstanding matters and review points; drafting of Audit Highlights Memorandum, management letter and letter of representation; and the completion of finalisation checklists.
- Briefing, supervising and reviewing the work of junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback and support as necessary.
- Recommending improvements to the clients’ accounting systems and controls.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Are ACA or ACCA qualified
- Have experience of audit planning, preparation of statutory accounts and full audit completion
- Have a strong audit bias
- Are able to review and file junior team members’ work
To succeed in this role, you will be personable, conscientious and able to task on responsibility. You will have a strong desire to work with not-for-profit organisations.
For more information about the Charity & Not-for-Profit team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott, please click here.
To hear from team members across the firm on their experience of life at Buzzacott, please click here.
We have a firmly embedded approach to flexi-time and support flexible working opportunities to help you manage your work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply directly via the “Apply” button at the top of the page. When applying, please include your salary expectations and let us know what interests you about the role. Alternatively, if you would like to talk to a member of our HR Team about the vacancy before applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our HR Team review and respond to all applications.
No agencies please.